IBD Maid – A modified anti-inflammatory diet trial
Researchers at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (RBWH) are seeking adults with mild to moderately active Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) to participate in an 8 week dietary intervention.
The purpose of this research is to determine if following an anti-inflammatory diet prescription reduces disease activity, improves quality of life and influences gut microbiota diversity.
- Complete one 20 minute telehealth (requires access to either a PC, Laptop, Mac, tablet or smart phone) or face to face appointments for assessment (questionnaires, diet intake interview, blood tests).
- Complete two to four 15 to 30 minute telehealth or face to face follow up appointments.
- Follow a dietary prescription for a minimum of 8 weeks (some meals or resource and some ingredients provided).
- Provide up to 4 stool samples (home collection kit provided).
- Complete a weekly diet checklist.
Are you eligible?
- 18 years or older
- Diagnosed with mild to moderate IBD (Crohn’s disease or UC)
- Not currently smoking
- Live within ~20km radius of the RBWH
If you are interested to participate in the study please contact dietitian and study coordinator Abigail via email [email protected] or phone 0466 079 734.