Notice Of Annual General Meeting
Notice is given that an Annual General Meeting of the ACCA trading as Crohn’s & Colitis Australia (CCA) will be held virtually this year via Zoom Video Conference on Monday 25 May 2020 at 6:30pm AEST.
If you are a financial member of CCA attending the meeting, or wish to provide an apology for the meeting, please register via the form below.
Please enter your details below. Registered members will be contacted via email closer to the date of the AGM with the meeting agenda and details of how to access the Zoom conference.
Registrations close 19 May
For any enquiries regarding the AGM: 03 9815 1266 (option 0)
– ends –
For media enquiries, contact Stacey James on 0490 672 900. Spokespeople available on request.
If you wish to eat less meat and include more plant based foods in your diet, try this recipe for sweet potato patties! The addition of almond meal adds a nutty flavour and texture.
- 1 ½ cups cooked sweet potato
- 1 cup canned brown lentils (drained)
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup brown rice and/or quinoa, cooked (I use the microwave cup instructions)
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- Olive oil for cooking
- Cut 1 large sweet potato into 2cm cubes. Boil for around 10 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, place all other ingredients in a large bowl – lentils, almond meal, brown rice and/or quinoa, sliced spring onions, herbs and spices.
- Mash the cooked sweet potato in another bowl, then add to large bowl with other ingredients.
- Mix together. The mixture may be a little wet, so add some plain flour if needed.
- Heat olive oil in the pan, and mould mixture into round patties in your hands. Cook for around 2-3 minutes on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve as you desire – with chilli sauce and a side salad (as pictured) or in a bun with salad for a burger.
– Erin Russell
approx 8 patties (serves 4-8)
Per patty 60kj, 7 protein, 2mg Iron, 5mf fibre)