IBD Paediatric Quality of Care
Crohn’s & Colitis Australia (CCA) has been successful in gaining funding for an IBD Paediatric Audit and Patient Experience Survey over the next 2 years. This project will address a key priority in the IBD National Action Plan.
The project aims to:
- Assess the patient experience of the quality of care for young people with IBD,
- Compare the differences in the quality of care received with the 2016 IBD Audit results, and
- Provide recommendations on improving the quality and equity of care for young people with IBD.
An Advisory Committee with members from various healthcare professional backgrounds, CCA project staff and consumer representatives oversee this major project. This includes key stakeholder peak bodies specific to paediatric care and IBD from:
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA)
- Dietitians Australia
- Australian and New Zealand Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- Gastroenterological Nurses College of Australia / IBD Nurses Australia
- Young person and carer consumer representatives
The audit of paediatric care in hospitals will be undertaken in 2022.
Paediatric Care Site Audit
CCA have reviewed, updated, and improved the successful 2016 national audit of hospital care for patients with IBD, and now invites hospitals to take part in the Hospital Audit.
If you are under 18 and have IBD, or care for a child aged 0-18 years living with IBD, you can share this link with your paediatric gastro team for them to learn more and register to participate https://crohnsandcolitis.org.au/advocacy/our-projects/ibd-paediatric-quality-of-care/
If you are interested in having your centre participate or have any questions, please email [email protected]
This project has been approved by Monash Health Human Research Ethics Committee (Approval #RES-22-0000050L).
Patient Experience Surveys
This survey is now closed. Thanks to the 300 young people, parents and carers who completed the survey.
Stay tuned for the next step in the project!
This project has been approved by Monash Health Human Research Ethics Committee (Approval #RES-21-755L).
Updates on the project will be available on this page in the future.
For information on the previous IBD Audit and Patient Experience Survey, please visit:
If you have any questions about this project, please email us: [email protected].