IBD Paediatric Quality of Care
Crohn’s & Colitis Australia (CCA) has been successful in gaining funding for an IBD Paediatric Audit and Patient Experience Survey over the next 2 years. This project will address a key priority in the IBD National Action Plan.
The project aims to:
- Assess the patient experience of the quality of care for young people with IBD,
- Compare the differences in the quality of care received with the 2016 IBD Audit results, and
- Provide recommendations on improving the quality and equity of care for young people with IBD.
An Advisory Committee with members from various healthcare professional backgrounds, CCA project staff and consumer representatives will oversee this major project. This includes key stakeholder peak bodies specific to paediatric care and IBD from:
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA)
- Dietitians Australia
- Australian Psychological Society
- Australian and New Zealand Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- Gastroenterological Nurses College of Australia / IBD Nurses Australia
- Young person and carer consumer representatives
The audit of paediatric care in hospitals will be undertaken in 2022.
Paediatric Care Site Audit
CCA have reviewed, updated, and improved the successful 2016 national audit of hospital care for patients with IBD. Conditional ethics approval has been achieved for this project.
Patient Experience Surveys
CCA is now recruiting participants to be involved in their Patient Experience Survey.
You are eligible to participate if:
- You are 16 or 17 years of age and have IBD (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or IBD unclassified) and receive your healthcare in Australia; OR
- You care for a child under 18 years living with IBD (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, or IBD unclassified) and receive your healthcare in Australia.
If you would like to participate and have your say, we would love to have you involved in the study!
This project has been approved by Monash Health Human Research Ethics Committee
Updates on the project will be available on this page in the future.
For information on the previous IBD Audit and Patient Experience Survey, please visit:
If you have any questions about this project, please email us: [email protected].