Help improve the quality of life for regional Australians living with chronic inflammatory conditions
Crohn’s & Colitis Australia has been working in partnership with eight other organisations to seek the support of government for A Proposal to Fund Nurses in Regional Centres to Support People Living with Chronic Inflammatory Conditions including:
- Australian Rheumatology Association (ARA), Rheumatology Health Professionals Special Interest Group Association (RHPSIG), and ARA Regional Rheumatology Committee
- Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA)
- Australasian College of Dermatologists
- Australian College of Nursing
- Gastroenterological Nurses College of Australia (GENCA) and IBD Nurses Association (IBDNA)
- Arthritis Australia
- Psoriasis Australia
Our proposal was not taken up by the federal government in the latest budget and we are seeking election commitments from all parties and candidates in the upcoming federal election.
We have developed this information pack because we need your help to secure support for this proposal which we expect will greatly improve the quality of life for people living in regional and rural locations.
You can download the pack here, which contains:
- A Q&A Sheet
- Guidance on how to write or call a politician or candidate
The full proposal to attach to your email can be downloaded separately here.
How can you help?
- Spread the word through your networks by
- Telling them where they can download the information pack
- Discuss the advocacy you can undertake in your local communities
- Like and Share media posts about the proposal
- Contact politicians and candidates to tell them why this proposal should be supported
If you wish to discuss how you can help please contact us on 03 9815 1266 or email contact us.