Spinach quiche with sweet potato crust
- 1 sweet potato (sliced into thin rounds)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 7 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 stalks spring onion (chopped)
- 120 baby spinach (chopped)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- Sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC (425ºF). Grease a glass pie plate with a bit of coconut oil. Cover the base and sides of the plate with the sweet potato rounds. Layer the rounds until no glass is showing. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crack eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add in minced garlic and spring onions. Sautee for three to five minutes. Add in chopped spinach and sautee just until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Add spinach mix and diced tomatoes into the egg mix. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Remove sweet potato crust from the oven. Pour egg mixture over top of the crust. Reduce the temperature of the oven to 190ºC (375ºF). Place quiche in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cut into slices. Enjoy!
Author: Claudia Cramer holds a Bachelor of Nutrition and Exercise Science and a Masters of Dietetics from the University of Queensland. Claudia has also completed her Sports Nutrition qualifications.