A really delicious Vegetarian Lasagne. Full of healthy vegetables and fresh ingredients, this will be a meal that everyone will enoy.
- 800g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1-1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 2 medium zucchinis, halved, sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes with oregano and basil
- 80g baby spinach
- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 cups reduced- fat milk
- 1 cup reduced fat grated mozzarella cheese
- 125g dried lasagna pasta sheets
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/160 degrees fan forced.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Arrange pumpkin, in a single layer, on tray. Drizzle with 2 tsp oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in a heavy-based frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, capsicum, zucchini, eggplant and mushroom.
- Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until eggplant is just tender.
- Stir in tomato. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in spinach. Cover
- Set aside for 2 minutes or until spinach has wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add flour. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 1 minute or until bubbling.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually add milk, stirring to prevent lumps forming. Return pan to heat.
- Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in half the cheese. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a 7cm deep, 25cm (base) square baking dish. Spoon half the onion mixture into the dish.
- Arrange half the pumpkin over the onion mixture. Place half the lasagne sheets over the pumpkin, breaking sheets to fit.
- Repeat layers.
- Spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and pasta tender.
- Stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
This recipe is versatile – add any veggies you like!
Submitted by Jessica
This recipe serves 6