Blueberry & Banana Smoothie Pancakes
Summer means berry season, and blueberries are particularly versatile to cook with. Known as a superfood, blueberries are high in antioxidants, soluble fibre and Vitamin C, making them good for everything from heart health to glowing skin and strong nails.
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 170ml milk (cow, nut and oat all work with this recipe)
- 1 large egg
- 250g wholemeal self-raising flour
- To serve:
- Additional blueberries
- Natural yoghurt
- Ground cinnamon
- 30g mixed nuts
- Place half the blueberries in a blender or nutri-bullet with the peeled banana, milk, egg and flour. Blitz into a smoothie batter free of lumps
- Transfer the batter to a mixing bowl and add the remaining blueberries, mixing through gently
- Place a large non-stick fry pan* on a medium heat. Once hot, slowly pour the batter into the pan to your prefer pancake size
- Cook for a few minutes, then flip and cook for a further few minutes on the other side. Adjust the heat as required to ensure your pancakes don’t burn
- Continue in this way until the batter is finished and you have a stack of mouth-watering pancakes
- To serve, drizzle with honey and additional blueberries. For additional flavour consider adding a dollop of yoghurt with cinnamon and crushed nuts.
*If you don’t have non-stick pan, please use a cooking spray or a small knob of butter to ensure your pancakes don’t stick
As always: if any of these ingredients are flare foods for you, please omit them or replace them with an alternative item.