Chai teacake with cinnamon sugar
- 300ml milk
- 2 tbsp Chai granules
- 125g butter, softened
- 210g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 250g self raising flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm round or fluted ring cake tin.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gently combine the eggs one at a time beating until smooth.
- Add the vanilla essence and chai powder and mix briefly.
- Add half the flour and half the milk to the mixture, beating to combine. Repeat with the remaining half flour and half milk, mixing until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Brush the cooled cake with melted butter and sprinkle liberally with the cinnamon/sugar mix.