Everyone loves pancakes, and if you avoid gluten and or if you simply want to enjoy your favourite weekend breakfast in a healthier way, look no further!
These pancakes taste like the ultimate indulgent treat, says UK-based recipe developer and blogger Eli Brecher.
- 1/2 cup oat flour (just grind oats in a food processor)
- ¾ mashed banana (save ¼ for topping)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, for frying
- Mix the wet ingredients well in a large bowl and the dry ingredients in another.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk everything together thoroughly.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add 2 tbsp of the batter per pancake.
- Cook for about 2 mins per side until golden, then flip. Continue with the rest of the batter.
- Top with remaining banana slices and an optional drizzle of maple syrup! Serve hot.
Eli Brecher is a UK-based recipe developer, blogger, food stylist and photographer. She has been living with Crohn’s disease from the age of 8, and is pursuing a degree in human nutrition. Follow her on Instagram @cerealandpeanutbutterand read her blog elibrecher.co.uk