- Host a World IBD Day purple themed morning tea.
- Bake purple themed cakes with Crohn’s & Colitis Awareness Month cupcake flags.
- Shave your head or dye your hair purple.
- Birthday fundraiser on Facebook
- What’s your vice? Consider going without something during May. Eg: Alcohol, chocolate, sugar.
- Set yourself a physical or personal challenge during May. Eg: 5km walk/run for IBD each day.
- Host a ‘Girl’s night in’ or movie night with friends.
- Perform a musical concert at home to your friends and family
- Paint your nails purple or wear purple makeup.
- Wear your purple Crohn’s & Colitis Awareness Month ribbon proudly.
- Wear purple to school or work.
- Share your own IBD story or an IBD fact.
- Start a conversation about IBD and give someone an insight into invisible illness.
- Tell someone how it takes guts to live with IBD.
How Do I Set Up An Online Fundraising Page
- Create an online fundraising page on either mycause • gofundraise • Facebook, Grassrootz, Givenow, Good company, One Gift Wonder, Shout out for good
- Follow the prompts to set up your page and choose ‘Crohn’s & Colitis Australia’ as the charity you wish to fundraise on behalf of, add text about yourself and your fundraiser and add an image to share.
- Share your fundraising page via text message, email or social media with friends, family and work colleagues to raise awareness, gain support and drive donations!
- Happy fundraising!
Request a Promo Pack
This year, we have printed copies of our Crohn’s & Colitis Awareness Month resources available, these include A3 and A4 posters and A5 flyers to help you spread the word and shine a ‘purple’ light on IBD.
You might like to display the posters and flyers in your workplace, school, community centre, doctor’s surgery or have some flyers to hand out at a fundraising event.
Email your promo pack request to [email protected].
Please specify in the email the quantity of posters and flyers you will require and your postal address.
We’re Here To Help
We’re incredibly grateful for the efforts of our fundraisers to help support people with IBD.
Don’t forget to capture your fundraising event or activity and send us your photos and stories.
For more information on fundraising, email us [email protected].